Please note: You can provision devices within Advanced Provisioner, but it is highly recommended that you do this within CloudPhone. We have created CloudPhone because we wanted to create a simplified user experience, allowing you to add users, purchase, port and assign numbers within one interface. Advanced Provisioner has been designed and should only be used for complex integrations.
With provisioning in CloudPhone, you can handle a large number of devices from multiple manufactures. As of the writing of this article there is support for Polycom, Yealink and Cisco devices (many but not all models) including some sidecars for Yealink. Snome and Grandstream are in testing, The UI comes pre-populated with supported manufacturers and devices. If you had purchased a device through a certified manufacturer, you can provision a supported device by entering the Mac address and creating a name. If you did not, you will have to perform a few additional steps. If you do not have a supported device, you will have to manually provision your device.
To Autoprovision a device:
- Click on the “Add Device” button within the “Devices” section of CloudPhone
- Decide what type of device you would like to add. In this instance we will add a SIP phone. For instructions to provision another type of device, look at Softphone or Mobile Softphone.
- Select the logo of the manufacturer for the device.
- Select the model, which will be displayed along with a picture for easy identification. If you do not see your manufacturer or model, you will need to manually provision your device.
- Enter the MAC address and create a name for your device. The MAC address is on the back of your SIP device.